How much money can you make as a motivational speaker?

The job growth of motivational speakers could be partially influenced by the demand for experts in their field of study. The most successful motivational speakers expand their message in books, audiobooks, interviews, seminars, podcasts, blogs, conferences and seminars.

How much money can you make as a motivational speaker?

The job growth of motivational speakers could be partially influenced by the demand for experts in their field of study. The most successful motivational speakers expand their message in books, audiobooks, interviews, seminars, podcasts, blogs, conferences and seminars. Salary estimates are based on 7 salaries sent anonymously to Glassdoor by a motivational speaker employee. In addition, speakers' motivational income comes not only from their speaking arrangements, but also through other channels that help them spread their messages.

Motivational speakers are usually self-employed, and when you start this new career, you need to invest time and money to expand your network of contacts, apply to speak at conferences, conventions and events. If you watch famous motivational speeches, you can see that speakers often dominate the room, every word they utter and every action they take has a purpose and intention. Being a motivating speaker is a challenging job that requires a confident, honest, polite and articulate person with a warm personality. While 21 percent of motivational speakers call it their full-time career, the other 79 percent dedicate themselves to this field part-time.

Most motivational speakers have years of training and experience in a given area, or have extraordinary stories of healing and personal growth. With job opportunities for event planners increasing 11 percent over the next decade due to demand for professionally planned meetings and events, it might be reasonable to assume that many of those events will hire motivating and keynote speakers as part of their agenda. Law schools and seminars also offer courses in rhetoric, public speaking or preaching that could become an excellent basis for working as a motivational speaker. Motivational speakers are expert speakers who inspire others to make positive changes in their lives and then teach them how to do it.

Most motivational speakers are self-employed and travel to talks that they reserve for themselves. Once the behind-the-scenes preparation work is completed, motivating speakers share their speeches at conferences, business meetings, religious gatherings, or community events. Motivational speakers speak at government functions, corporate events, professional meetings, schools, resorts, conventions, spas, and even work on cruise ships. Motivational speakers inspire and educate others by delivering speeches in a dynamic and convincing way.